Went for the weekend to pick up my mail- and I received a letter from these guys.
“Our Torah leaders have recognized the increase in worldwide travel accidents. That’s why they are so enthusiastic about this powerful, protective measure: Shemirah Bidrachim – Protection on the Road.
In this revolutionary initiative, thousands of people just like you are protecting themselves with an effective method that has proven itself throughout our history: the merit of pure Jewish children whose prayers and Torah study keep the world in existence
To quote Hagaon Harav Shmuel Halevi Wosner, shlita, “The pure and holy prayers of Jewish children have the ability to cease the casualties of vehicle mishaps!“
For just a few pennies a day, you too can gain this protection for yourself and your family.
In exchange for a contribution made to the Ashdod Mercaz Chinuch Project, the pupils will study and recite pirkei tehilim daily, and entreat G-d to protect and save the insured from any trouble and distress and lead him toward peace, emplace his footsteps toward peace, and have him reach his desired destination for life, gladness and peace, and send blessing and success in all his endeavors, wherever he may turn.”
- How did I get on your mailing list? (no idea)
- Will they insure females, or since they should be at home anyway, they won’t be covered?
- Who takes this seriously? (from their website, Rav Eliyashiv, Ovadya Yosef and others)
- Do people buy this? (at least a couple people with a faulty sense of logic)
- Are they aware that their claim that the prayers of children studying torah might not work?
This agreement is a spiritual agreement! It does not constitute any grounds for the Insured to claim money from the Ashdod Mercaz Chinuch Project.